FAQs about partial dentures
- "Dr. Trudeau, what are partial dentures?"
- Partial dentures are dentures that replace only a few missing teeth.
- "How do you wear a removable partial denture, Dr. Trudeau?"
- Removable partial dentures are attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments.
- "How long will it take to get used to wearing a partial denture?"
- Your partial denture may feel awkward or bulky for the first few weeks, but your mouth will eventually get used to it.
- "Dr. Trudeau, how long should you wear a partial denture?"
- Initially, you may want to wear your partial denture all the time. Your dentist will give you specific instructions on how long it should be worn and when it should be removed. Generally, your mouth tissues need to rest so it is advisable that you take out your partial denture at least 15 minutes per day.
- "Will the partial denture change the way you speak?"
- Your partial denture may help your speech. It can be difficult to speak clearly when you are missing teeth. However, it also will take time to get used to it.
For more information about how we at Dale Trudeau DDS can help you with denture questions, call us at (858) 755-9775, we will be happy to talk with you.