Good oral hygiene with dentures
- "Dr. Trudeau, how do you clean your dentures?"
- When cleaning your dentures, you should first rinse away loose food particles thoroughly. Then moisten your toothbrush and apply denture cleanser. Brush every surface, scrubbing gently to avoid damage.
- "How many times a day does the denture need to be cleaned?"
- The denture needs to be cleaned two to three times daily.
- "What is good oral hygiene when you have full dentures, Dr. Trudeau?"
- In addition to taking care of your dentures, taking care of your mouth also is vital if you wear full dentures. This includes brushing your gums, tongue, and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before inserting your dentures. This stimulates your tissues and helps remove plaque.
For more information about how we at Dale Trudeau DDS can help you with dentures, call us at (858) 755-9775, we will be happy to talk with you.